Thursday, 15 June 2017

Man Down.


So, you'll forgive me for the rather long absence. We had a bit of an incident at a friends birthday party a few weeks ago. Little Mister Noah fell awkwardly on a trampoline (which happened to be his wee mates birthday gift) and yup. Broke his leg. As you can imagine it was pretty horrendous at the time. He was in pain with it for a few days. And very frustrated as he was unable to get around.



Fortunately, the fracture, although pretty bad (a clean break through the tibia) was straightforward enough and from the X-rays we have been told it has already healed. Noah isn't in any pain and totters around in his cast, or bum shuffles. He's even back at play school. It's not easy though. He gets tired from lugging his big cast around and asks to be carried. He's very heavy so it has been tough on my back.



Even though the bone has healed, the doctors decided to leave the cast on for an extra couple of weeks, just to be sure. So it will have been 6 lonnnnng weeks all in all. And he'll have it on for his 3rd birthday this weekend. Poor wee pet. However, it comes off next week! On my birthday, no less. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift!



I'm so excited for him! And us too! Noah has not been a bit worried about annoying the neighbours with his incessant shouting for us... "mummmmmmmmmmy"... "Dadddddddddddy" x30,0000000. Cue us running up and downstairs all day only to be told whatever thought has popped into his head just that minute. Or "look at my lego robot". Or "red my favourite colour." I never thought having your 2 year old follow you everywhere, all day long, and constantly talking to you is something I would wish for. But it's better than your stationary tot shouting for you all the live long day. 



I complain. But honestly, he has been such a solider. You know, I don't even think he was aware that the cast was going to come off at some point. He had just accepted this and was still smiling. He seemed so surprised when I told him it wouldn't be long until we go back to the hospital to remove the plaster. He was confused, stating that he was Noah with the broken leg! Awk. I told him his leg had healed. He was so excited at the idea of being able to walk, jump and run again. Aw, he breaks my heart.








So that's what we've been up to. Minus-craic. But it could have been worse. And sure, nearly time for Noah to get back on his feet. In other news, May turned 6 months. Where did that time go? She's sitting up, rolling back and forth, chattering, and looks almost ready to crawl. She's still a wee dream. Hardly a bit of bother.







As for young Jack, he's worked hard at school all year and is looking forward to the summer holidays. We all are. A break from homework and school runs is just what we need right now. Just another couple of weeks. Hoping for some more great weather! Laters! xo 



22 comments:

  1. Poor little guy, and poor mama's back! So glad he's getting it off for your birthday! Your children are adorable! Gorgeous photos! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Nicole! Off to Pilates! It goes some way to helping my back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww bless him. Hope it's off soon. Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bless him! It must have been a hard time for you all! I'm glad there's been some decorations done on his cast! #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! It must be tough to have a cast on that long, especially for one so young, but yay for it coming off on your birthday! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids went mad today when we tore their 14 ft trampoline downin the garden. It has lost its safety net and padding and has a few holes but they love it. I know it was an accident waiting to happen though as they practiced endless stunts on there. Reading this post I know I've done the right thing. It will take good behaviour for another one to be bought. Sounds like Noah has been a little star with his cast and will be good as new without it. Lovely photos as always and my goodness Jack is growing up!

    Thanks for joining in with #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bless Noah. I am scared stiff of my children hurting themselves on a trampoline. So easily done. Gorgeous photos too. Love the ones you have taken from above #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless hope it's all gone soon Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've so beautifully captured this moment in life. I'm sure it has not been easy but it will certainly be a time you want to remember. I'm glad your little one is on the mend and the other two are doing well even with the added chaos. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, poor Noah. What a trooper just getting on with it though, we could learn a lot from kids and their attitude to life x
    #HappyDaysLinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics. Poor love, don't envy him having a cast on in this heat. Hope it heals soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh bless him, he sounds so brave! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry, little fella. I broke my wrist in December, so I feel for you. It will be GREAT when you can get that cast off!
    Please come by and link up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/. I always love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, poor Noah!! I have broken many bones over the years (although I didn't start snapping them until I was seven or eight) so totally sympathise with the awkwardness of a cast. Your photos are absolutely AMAZING by the way - you should post them bigger and really show them off! xx #TheOrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor thing, I always worry that they will come out of the trampoline with a broken bone, hope hes better soon #TheOrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh bless him and his broken leg! Troy has just had a cast removed on his arm as he fractured his elbow - on his birthday bouncy castle - and he only had it on for 3 weeks. 6 weeks with a whole leg in plaster... Eeek! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos as always. Sorry to read that your little one broke his leg. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no poor thing! Hope he is recovering well. I don't think I could manage 6 weeks with Monkeys leg in plaster. You have got some beautiful photos, I love the diary one the most. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! Bless him! Trampolines are apparently the cause of so many childhood breaks! Though I broke my arm roller skating when I was a kid.

    Thanks so much for joining us for #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no!!! I do always worry about my girls on the trampoline, just takes one nasty fall doesn't it? Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor Noah! I remember my friend's daughter breaking her leg at soft play centre was she was two but she kept hobbling along to our play group in her cast.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How absolutely scrumptious are your photos! Beautiful! Poor Noah, what an ordeal! Thanks so much for linking up to #happydayslinky x

    ReplyDelete