Monday, 2 June 2014

Nee-Naw!


It has been a week full of fire engines for my little Jack! Last Monday a fire engine, and a couple of firemen visited playschool as part of 'People who help people' month. Jack was very excited. I wasn't there, but I'm told they turned the siren on, one of the firemen was called Harry, and Jack didn't want to sit inside the fire engine, preferring to look at the hatch. That's what he told me anyway.


Then, we attended our local churches fete on Saturday, as we do every year. They too had a fire engine for the kids to gawk at. Granny and Grampa took Jack for a look whilst my husband and I milled around the book stall.

To top off his fire-engine-filled week, we received this beautiful Tapete Holy Smoke sweatshirt, all the way from France, from our newest sponsor, Kidshop. I really really love this sweatshirt! I particularly love the fabric, which is lovely and soft. It's nice and fitted too, so it really suits Jack's skinny wee frame! Of course, Jack loves the block fire engine print. So do I - Simple, bold, and perfect for a boy who loves fire trucks. Kidshop are very kindly offering my readers 15% an order with the code JPM15. They stock so many great brands of kids clothes and deliver worldwide, so check them out! Thanks so much to our chums over there for this awesome top.


In other news, Jack has become very interested in the alphabet. He just took this notion himself. My husband and I have been reading him an old book of poems (that my Nanny read to my Mum when she was a youngster, then my Mum read to me when I was just a cub). It has large letters throughout and when Jack started to learn these as we read and re-read the book, we were amazed. Now, he knows the whole alphabet. As we walk and drive about he'll tell me all the letters around us. I'm a proud Mama. 


Despite being massively pregnant now, I took us on a walk through my father-in-laws fields yesterday. They look so beautiful at the minute. It's always such a shame when he cuts them to make silage. Not for the cows, obviously - for the photographer! I am so huge now, if I get down on my knees to photograph, I have to rely on my husband hauling me up by the oxters, less I just roll about on the ground like a beached whale. With a couple of weeks to go I'm not sure if this one will make an early appearance like big brother Jack here (who decided to turn up 5 weeks early) or if I'll go overdue. 


It's unusual for me not to feel like photo-snapping, but like I say- I'm ever so with child. That's why my week that was series has slightly fallen by the wayside. However, I've made the effort this week, and here's what we've been getting up to:

1. Local church fete
2. The cow jumped over the moon
3. We love Mrs McCanns car
4. "I don't want to wear these and I hate you for making me"
5. Cattle grid pro
6. Meeting second cousin - gorgeous baby Archie!
7. Maisey gets a wash
8. Swishing through Granda Bill's fields

39 comments:

  1. Wonderful images as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your photos...and Jack is a supeeeer model indeed :)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love him in those circle awesome glasses =) #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. Love the outdoor shots - so much fun in his face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I still remember the firemen coming in to my (now 10 year old) son's playgroup too. Fingers crossed baby comes on time and not 5 weeks early again for you. Each of my 4 were different gestations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful countryside photos of Jack, he is very photogenic. I hope you don't go overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a busy week of nee nahs :-) such great photos you are really talented it's always a pleasure viewing your blog #iPotLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boys are crazy over nee nahs at the minute! They would love his t-shirt! This are stunning photos! #iPotLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photographs, as always! #iPotLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What beautiful photographs! Jake is beautiful...those curls! Glad to have found your blog through Living Arrows, I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack is so interesting with his expressions, I always enjoy his photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is adorable! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shots! :) Happy Wordless Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a handsome guy! That first shot is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cool that he saw fire-engines up close at about the same time he got his shirt. And, well done for learning the alphabet and being so motivated! The photos are gorgeous as usual. All the best with baby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures! A lot of fire engines this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely pictures, the fun in his face is great, and I am loving the t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Love it when the rescue vehicles let the littles have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous images as always, I love the ones from the field. Must have been brilliant to see fire engines up close and I love that top! Hope you're doing alright and not getting too tired :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow he's got great hair!! Lovely pictures, looks like he's enjoying himself :) #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots - the black and white is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that t-shirt, my Harry loves nee naws

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it when little ones find a new 'love', I wonder what the fascination will be next week? #OrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these photos. You always take such great photos of Jack. He is very photogenic. Love it. #sundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous photos, my little man loves all things fire engine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos, that hair is just amazing

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous gorgeous pictures! #theordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great photos, I love the jumper and the wind swept look. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a collection of gorgeous photos!! x #MySundayPhoto

    http://www.superbusymum.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your page. Love your business name! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the little snippets photos- they are my favourite kind, just a little peek into your life! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your photos! You are gifted. Also love the creative blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful photos - especially the I HEART FACES entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful--love the I heart faces entry. so nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. He is absolutely adorable - those curls! Found you through iHeartFaces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous photos :) I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete