Sunday, 30 December 2012

These are a few of my favorite things


We had a lovely Christmas. Lots of thoughtful, beautiful gifts were exchanged and I wanted to write a post on just a few of them. One of my favourite gifts to Jack was this gorgeous American Apparel Stripe Sweater Crew Neck. It was like it was made to match his green toddler Vans. He's also wearing a pair of skinny jeans from Zara kids.
As you can see, Jack is clutching some matchbox vehicles throughout the photos, as is so often the case. Where there's a Jack, there's a car, truck, van or lorry. So he was delighted when Santa left a tonne of little mini machines. It amazes me. We could spend a fortune on a huge toy and he'll be too engrossed in examining every tiny detail of a pack of £5 matchbox cars to notice it.


However, no gift this year compared to the present my husband gave Jack for his 2nd birthday. Jack's daddy is an exceptionally talented professional illustrator, and unbeknownst to me, he had secretly been working on a book called Jack says Hello, Maisey says Woof  featuring Jack, and our doglet. The book is absolutely amazing and as you can imagine, it is a joy reading it to him. Barry has included him and I in the book too, along with loads of Jack's toys and clothes which he recognises. It's even written in rhyme. I wish I could include the whole book, but I can't. So, I have added a few of my favourite double page spreads. If you like his illustration style, and want to see more, he blogs too. Find him here.

 

33 comments:

  1. That bookis completely adorable, what a sweet and thoughtful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTIE!! Love the stripe shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest follower from the "I love my online friends" blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift he'll treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome gift for Jack. Not only is the book featuring him, but it is written by his Dad!! That will definitely be a keeper for Jack to show his kids and grandkids! That sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome baby boy! Love his curls.
    I'm a new follower of your lovely blog via the super sunday sync. :)

    Maria
    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures and a present that will last a lifetime! Following now from the blog hop. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower and how cute is he!! Can't wait to follow along :)

    Samantha
    www.hooahandhiccups.com



    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredible book. A total heirloom. And the boy is as fashionable as always.

    www.mamacase.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great capture very cute!
    Thanks for sharing

    Have a prosperous New Year!

    Mapeh Homepage
    pinkgpgreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift from your hubby to your little boy! That is just precious. He will always treasure that book. And your little man, he is a cute! Gonna steal some glances from the baby girls I think {mine included!} :) I love his curls!

    New follower from the I Love My Online Friends hop...thanks for co-hosting and Happy New Year!

    http://www.nuggetonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, sorry, I just noticed you weren't a co-host lol. Still, looking forward to getting to know you and your blog!

      Delete
  12. What a precious boy!!!

    my mellow yellows: Sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the photos of your little boy - he is adorable.
    and the book is such a wonderful gift..
    i guess i should try to work on something like that for my little ones:)
    following you now.. came here via Monday Mingle.. do stop by my blog -http://myrandrspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. As ever a great image of a very cute little boy

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! You gotta be proud mom and wife!:)

    Following yourfriendconnect.

    I am also inviting you to join my store's first giveaway event: http://thequietmom.com/blog/tdhs-1st-giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful boy. We have a Jack as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww! so cute heheh!

    Have a very Happy New Year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book is AMAZING!!!! Not many children will be able to say their Dad made a book just for them :)

    Happy WW and Happy New Year!
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute outfit on a cute kid.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/01/wordless-wednesday-millies-beehive-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sweater that he has on. He looks so cool and great book that Dad Made for him.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww! Your little man is gorgeous!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sweater is totally cute! I wanna get one for me and my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my what a marvelous gift to receive. Jack is adorable and I would love one of those books too!!
    Happy New year!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cutie!
    Stopping by from the WW Blog Hop. Please come link up http://savegreenbeinggreen.blogspot.com/2013/01/wordless-wednesday-monster-jam.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the sweater, but the book definitely steals the show. What a great gift. Visiting from WKWW!

    ReplyDelete